Tax Residency (Domicile) Certificates in UAE
Tax Residency (Domicile) Certificate in UAE
What is a Tax Residency or Tax Domicile Certificate (TDC)?
Tax Residency or Tax Domicile Certificate (TDC) ,Certificate issued by Ministry of Finance in order to avoid double taxation agreements.
What is Double Tax Avoidance Agreement (DTAA)?
Double Tax Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) is an agreement signed between two/multiple countries in order to avoid taxpayers paying double tax based in a single income earned from their native country as well as the source country. For example, any XYZ foreign company which is a part of this treaty and that already pays taxes abroad for the profits it has earned in his/her business is free from bearing any taxes to UAE.
Who is issuing a Tax Residency/ Domicile Certificate in UAE?
Ministry of Finance, Govt.of UAE, Shall issue this certificate upon paying fees and submitting the required documents.
Who are eligible for Tax Residency/ Domicile Certificate in UAE?
- By Individual residents in UAE, for above 12 months period.
- By corporate having a track record of one year and more.
How much is the cost of Tax Residency/ Domicile Certificate in UAE?
Application Fees :Individuals and Corporates have different fees tariff.
Procedure of getting the certificate
These are the steps which occur while issuing a certificate:
- When a company/individual submits all the documents, an online account for the applicant is created on the MoF portal.
- Copy of valid Emirates ID.
- For reviewing and checking your documents, a tax residence certificate application form is filled out and uploaded alongside the supporting documents to be approved by the MoF.
- Once the MoF approves the documents, fees are paid electronically and the certificate is generated.
- This is then made available for collection at Ministry or couriered to a domestic address.
Time Duration required for issuance of the certificate
- 1. Approximately 2 weeks for approving the certificate.
- 2. Approximately 2 week for the delivery of certificate.
What are the Documents Required for Tax Residency (Domicile) Certificate in UAE?
- Copy of the passport.
- Copy of valid Emirates ID.
- A certified copy of lease agreement.
- Salary certificate.
- Certified copy of bank statement.
- Residency Report from G D R FA
- Tax forms from the requesting country
- Copy of the trade license
- Certified copy of Establishment contract
- A copy of the company’s owners/partners/directors’ passports
- A copy of the company’s owners/partners/directors’ IDs
- A copy of the company’s owners/partners/directors’ permits of residence
- A certified copy of the audited accounts
- A validated 6-month bank statement
- A certified copy of the lease agreement.
We provide professional guidance for getting Tax Residency Certificates / Tax Domicile Certificate in UAE.